Highway Bar

Sell your parts here. Don’t forget to post your location and price please! Auction links are permitted too.
Jablonsky

Highway Bar

Postby Jablonsky » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:19 am

I will have to get rid of a brand new highway bar, picture below. It's a nice item, but I thought I was buying something else (forward controls :oops: )

49-1481.jpg
49-1481.jpg (21.32 KiB) Viewed 16703 times

I spent exactly € 112 (abt $ 155) but as a flexible person I am willing to consider every decent proposal. No idea about the shipping cost to the States (abt $ 60 ???)
No hay banda. No hay Jablonsky. Todo está grabado. Nada es lo que parece, todo es una ilusión.

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Re: Highway Bar

Postby Triangles » Thu May 13, 2010 8:23 am

what do those things that look like pedals do that are attached to the base of the foot pegs? Are the pedals removable?
ImageImage

Jablonsky

Postby Jablonsky » Thu May 13, 2010 9:58 am

I can tell you exactly what "those things" do:
    1. they convince old Jablonsky that he is buying forward controls
    2. and they make a fool out of him.

So they are double purpose "those things". If there is the third purpose, I don't know. :|

And yes, they are removable.

No hay banda. No hay Jablonsky. Todo está grabado. Nada es lo que parece, todo es una ilusión.

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Postby Triangles » Thu May 13, 2010 11:35 am

yep they're faux forward controls. I think I'm detecting a bit of bitterness not that I wouldn't feel the same. Is it for the EN500A's or EN500C's? the manual picture shows an EN500A. The frame spacing is different between the two or at least I think it is. I'll have to measure when I get home.
ImageImage

Jablonsky

Postby Jablonsky » Thu May 13, 2010 12:29 pm

They should be for the EN500C. I can check either on the leaflet or directly on the bike.

Bitterness? A little, but I'm not suicidal. The highway bar is for sale. If somebody wants it, it's OK. If not, it will be left to rot in my garage :twisted:

chapa_fire

Postby chapa_fire » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:08 pm

you stil have the bar, and was it for the A or C models

Jablonsky

Postby Jablonsky » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:37 am

chapa_fire wrote:you stil have the bar, and was it for the A or C models

Last time I've checked, it was rotting humbly in my garage and if nobody stole it, it should still be there.
I can check again if you are interested.

chapa_fire

Postby chapa_fire » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:13 pm

yeah i'm interested in them, they would be alot cheaper than changing out the foward controls. But if they don't fit the A models then they won't do me any good.

Jablonsky

Postby Jablonsky » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:06 am

Sorry, I can't help you. Mine should be for the C model.

But if I were you, I would prefer a good engine guard and a pair of highway pegs. Or maybe extenders like the ones Georgia Rider uses. Those seem a decent solution.

chapa_fire

Postby chapa_fire » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:02 pm

thanks for checking, i've had some trouble finding a highway bar that i like, i found one that fits the a models but it dosn't look very big. dosn't look to come out past the stock pegs. I may just end up changing the foward controls, if i can convince the wife to let me spend more on the controls then i spent on the bike.

Return to “Parts For Sale”