Highway Bars for Vulcan 500

Accessories and other various gadgets that can be mounted on or otherwise used with the Vulcan 500. Links and pictures are welcome. Performance mods go in the appropriate forum below.
burkbuilds

Highway Bars for Vulcan 500

Postby burkbuilds » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:01 pm

For whatever reason, the Vulcan 500 has very limited availability on decent highway bars. Yeah, Kawasaki makes some little bitty ones that don't look like much and are even less functional than they look. There's a guy in Texas who can get them made down in Mexico at a custom shop and ship them to you, I think it runs around $300 total and other than that there just isn't anything out there. Except in Spain, for some reason, a company there has, or had, a pretty nice looking set, but I couldn't communicate in Spanish and it was a little frustrating. Finally last Fall, somebody contacted them for me and got a distributor name and contact information here in the States. The distributor told me he was planning to order from them again in February, so I've got my name in the pot for a set. Should be somewhere around $150-$175 delivered I think.

Here's who to contact if you want a set ordered for your bike,

Tucker Motorcycle Supply
205 East Byron Nelson Blvd
Roanoke TX 76262
http://www.tucmoto.com
mailto: tony@tucmoto.com
Phone: 817-491-4100

I hope they are still selling them, the web address for the Spanish company that had the catalog with pictures doesn't seem to be up anymore, but hopefully they still are selling them!

Here's a different Spanish site that has a picture of the bars on a Vulcan 500 if you want to see what they look like.

http://www.motostock.com/defensas-kawas ... h53fdj16h7

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Re: Highway Bars for Vulcan 500

Postby Triangles » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:36 am

just for clarification these are for the EN500A right?
ImageImage

Jablonsky

Postby Jablonsky » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:06 am

Should be for both models.

EN 500A.JPG
EN 500A.JPG (50.93 KiB) Viewed 28594 times
EN 500C.JPG
EN 500C.JPG (53 KiB) Viewed 28594 times
No hay banda. No hay Jablonsky. Todo está grabado. Nada es lo que parece, todo es una ilusión.

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:01 pm

They are for the A, but I can't see any difference in the frame up front on the two bikes (I've got the 500C) so I'm betting it will fit. I certainly could be wrong about that.

500 rider

Postby 500 rider » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:32 pm

Just to make a point clear ,,the ones form Mexico are only 220.00.

Vicente

Motolove

Postby Motolove » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:54 am

500 rider wrote:Just to make a point clear ,,the ones form Mexico are only 220.00.

Vicente
I purchased a set of these last month through Rider 500 or Vincent. May I say that they are of top-notch quality so the price is exceptionally reasonable & these exact bars, fabricated by Manuel in Mexico, have been proven on two different occasions to prevent injury if not lives, which is EXACTLY why I bought them!!!

Being a new rider and moving up to a motorcycle that weighs 120 pounds more than my first, I am especially looking forward to feeling more confident at slow speed practice manuevers, starts/stops etc. If I drop it, it will not pin me to the ground. The rest... well let's just say I hope that I don't have to test them, but they will be there for (knock on wood) that (not happening ) too.

M

DaisyField
I ride: '09 with highway bars, saddleman bags, Kuryakyn Grips and Iso wings, OEM luggage rack and windshield

Postby DaisyField » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:20 am

I too got the highway bars from 500 Rider. I am so impressed with the quality and craftsmanship.
I don't know about you, but I hate it when I buy something sight unseen, like off the internet, and I get it and say "well, it's pretty good... I guess I got what I paid for".
In the case of these bars; WOW doesn't begin to express it. My husband has a 900 and is jealous that he can't get anything half as nice for his MC. I got more than my money's worth, which is a great surprise.
It took 15 minutes to install them with excellent instructions from 500 Rider, and they fit like a glove.

One last thing, I cannot over emphasize how solid these are, even my postal carrier commented on how heavy the package was. The welds, chrome, even the nuts and bolts are top quality.
I swear... I only ride to save gas. (If you believe that I have a deal on a bridge for you.)

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Mon May 17, 2010 9:31 pm

If anybody is interested, I finally got a reply from these folks in Europe about the highway bars for the Vulcan 500. As it turns out they have two sets, one for the older 500's and one for the 96 to present 500's. I've been trying to get these from Tony since last Fall and so far no luck, so maybe direct will work. I tried to download the pictures here but was unsuccessful, sorry.

Sent: Mon 5/17/10 9:17 AM

Hello John,

You ask for ref. 0253, but this reference is for Kawasaki Vulcan EN 500 until year 1996 (at least in Europe). If your motorcycle is Vulcan 500, 2009 you have to ask for ref. 0305, because this is the ref. since 1996 until now for Vulcan 500 CL. If you have any doubt you can look at the pictures that we attached, on the left is the old Vulcan EN 500 until year 1996 and on the right Vulcan 500 CL, each one with its corresponding Highway bars (you must note the wheels that mark the difference).

Prices:
re. 0253 107.57 €
re. 0305 100.32 €

Shipping cost: 70.07 €
Time of delivery: 4-5 days.
Payment: Wire transfer to our Bank.
We would need your complete address, Tax Id code (or your personal Id. number) and your phone number.

Other option is that you can call to our dealer in the US. and order it there.

Tucker Motorcycle Supply
Roanoke TX 76262

Thanks and best regards.

TECNOIMPORT, S.L.

Jablonsky

Postby Jablonsky » Mon May 17, 2010 10:25 pm

burkbuilds wrote:... I've been trying to get these from Tony since last Fall and so far no luck...

I was convinced you already ordered from Tucker and just waited for delivery. Next time you need help here in Europe, pls let me know.

Here is the LINK to the complete catalogue of the Spanish manufacturer.
No hay banda. No hay Jablonsky. Todo está grabado. Nada es lo que parece, todo es una ilusión.

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Tue May 18, 2010 9:33 am

Thanks Jablonsky,
I've repeatedly e-mailed Tony and he has responded, but he always seems to be waiting on his "next shipment" from these folks and so far hasn't received any Vulcan highway bars from them. I was also unable to get a firm cost from him, since he wanted to wait until he had received the merchandise before he'd give me an exact quote on the bars and the shipping. So, I'm trying to order them directly now. I've asked SPAAN if they will accept direct payment to their e-mail account by Paypal since I'm not exactly sure how to do a direct wire transfer to their bank account of which I have no information and I'm not exactly sure why they think they need my personal ID, which I think means my US Social Security number, to perform this transaction. Hopefully we will be able to work something out soon. I'd really like to have these on my bike.

Jablonsky

Postby Jablonsky » Tue May 18, 2010 11:22 am

I have absolutely no idea why they need your ID number, but most probably they would issue a pro-forma invoice, containing all the details of the buyer for customs purposes. The pro-forma should also contain their bank account coordinates, so that you can transfer the payment from your bank. Just guessing.

I agree those crash bars look pretty good on photos. Of course, I cannot mount them bcs of the forward controls I have on my bike. So I guess my next winter project will be a pair of tailor made crash bars for Magnus ;)

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Postby Triangles » Thu May 20, 2010 9:35 am

burkbuilds wrote:Prices:
re. 0253 107.57 €
re. 0305 100.32 €

Shipping cost: 70.07 €
Time of delivery: 4-5 days.
Payment: Wire transfer to our Bank.
We would need your complete address, Tax Id code (or your personal Id. number) and your phone number.

Other option is that you can call to our dealer in the US. and order it there.

Tucker Motorcycle Supply
Roanoke TX 76262

Thanks and best regards.

TECNOIMPORT, S.L.

hmm... sniff.... sniff... do I smell a scam? either that or maybe they're talking about some sort of business tax ID? Anyway keep us updated.
ImageImage

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Mon May 24, 2010 6:43 am

Hey thanks to Jablonsky I just ordered a set of these crash bars through a Spanish Company listing them on e-bay. Shipping to the USA was 39 Euros so it totalled 139 Euros or about $174.00 US funds.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

They had four more left on the auction if anyone else is interested.

Big thanks for all your help with this Jablonski!

I'll let you know when they arrive how long it took and I'll take some pictures to post as well.

Jablonsky

Postby Jablonsky » Mon May 24, 2010 10:59 pm

Huh, seems that even old Jablonsky has his bright moments, every now and then :idea:

Burkbuilds, I hope those HW bars will satisfy your expectations. Waiting for photos and opinion.

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Wed May 26, 2010 7:50 pm

I got an e-mail, in Spanish, today. Googled the translation and it was a notice saying they shipped the highway bars and a tracking number for the shipment. That Google translator has been pretty helpful with this purchase. :)

Return to “Gadgets & Accessories”