Hello all, and please help.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself so we can get to know you better. Welcome to the community!
Matt in Texas
I ride: '97 Kawasaki EN500 (Vulcan 500)

Hello all, and please help.

Postby Matt in Texas » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:42 pm

Glad to be here, and I appreciate the fact that this group exists! My name is Matt Wilson, and I live in San Angelo, Tx. I ride a 97, Vulcan 500. I was in the process of completely restoring it, when it was stolen. I had the fuel tank, seat, both fenders, and side covers removed, and have just finished repainting them a custom color. I came back to work yesterday, to reassemble the bike, and found that it had been stolen in it's "rolling and running chassis" state. The parts I had painted were locked up, so I still have them. I'm trying to find a picture of a disassembled EN500, just as I described, with spoke wheels, frame, engine, and handlebars only. I've already hit Google images hardcore, but no similar pictures can be found... just pictures of bobbers in progress, with the rear fender horn rails already cut off. I need a picture as I described very badly so that I can use it for passing out, and posting on facebook to try and catch these sorry-ass thieves. The cops and detectives in my area don't give a damn about trying to locate it, and are simply going through the motions without doing much. Does anyone here have such a picture of their own bike that they took during some heavy maintenance, or a re-paint? Thanks in advance for any help you good people could give me. I'm sorry to be posting a request as an introduction, but I'm also a wealth of information on a lot of issues around the EN500, including interchange parts, etc. Please feel free to pick my brain if anyone here needs anything.
Matt Wilson

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Re: Hello all, and please help.

Postby Triangles » Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:57 pm

Good luck. I hate to say it, but you'll probably never see your bike again. There are pictures of my '94 in this thread, might help even though it's a bit different. I'd watch flEbay for parts of your bike showing up. Also watch craigs list. Good luck I hope you catch these f*krs!
ImageImage

Matt in Texas
I ride: '97 Kawasaki EN500 (Vulcan 500)

Postby Matt in Texas » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:00 pm

Thanks so much, I appreciate it. You're probably right, but I'm doing everything in my power to find it.
Matt

bikerbill
I ride: 1997 Vulcan 500LTD named Hidalgo

Postby bikerbill » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:12 pm

Matt,

See if this pic might help you: https://bikerbillsvulcan500rebuild.shutterfly.com/103

It is of my '97 Vulcan 500 during its restoration.
--
'Biker' Bill
'97 EN500LTD 'Hidalgo'
270,000+ miles so far
VROC #3833
IBA #635

SlipStreamer Enterprise II, Vista Cruise,
Cobra Spots, Drifter solo seat,
Pro-Tac backrest, ScottOiler,
F&S luggage rack, LED lights,
4-gal AUX fuel tank

Return to “Introduce Yourself”