Status and Updates

This is the place for help using this forum.
Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Status and Updates

Postby Triangles » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:40 pm

02/08/10
Added the video embed button. To embed a video simply hit the video button and copy and past the URL for the page of that video in between [video][/video]

For example the following code would be for the video below (note: spaces added on either side of "video" to make the code appear as text): [ video ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WFvWtkL6Es[/ video ]

02/06/16

Forum updated to new version. My host upgraded to a new version of PHP which is why the old forum was broken. Slowly things will return to normal.....
ImageImage

Triangles
Site Admin

Re: Status and Updates

Postby Triangles » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:57 pm

updated
ImageImage

bikerbill
I ride: 1997 Vulcan 500LTD named Hidalgo

Postby bikerbill » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:49 pm

LIKE!

Triangles
Site Admin

Postby Triangles » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:26 pm

I'm still a novice with this internet stuff as exemplified by the prehistoric nature of the main website. I have to thank my brother for rescuing us here. I was at a loss as to why the site was broken and we couldn't log in. At least now I have a complete backup of the site I can restore from if it ever goes down. I have a copy of the old forum. Don't be worried if you find the site not functional at times this spring. That just means I'm working on it. I may have to take this new forum down and restore the old one to verify how I had things set up and then put the new forum back up and make it better. Please don't hesitate to shout out in the tech support area if you find something not working. I'm guessing there will be bugs but so far it doesn't look like we lost anything with the new forum upgrade! YAY! I estimate it will be June before I am happy with things. It will take that long because I have so little time to work on things. I just re-upped hosting thru 2018. It's getting more expensive to keep this site alive so don't be surprised if you start seeing advertisements. "Sarah" my '94 EN500 has found a new home with a friend. I was sad to see her go but I no longer had storage room nor the opportunity to ride her much. At least she's with a friend and I still have visitation rights :-)
ImageImage

Triangles
Site Admin

Postby Triangles » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:47 am

Apparently a spam bot attack on the registration page occurred on Jan 17. The hosting service knocked us off line so the load wouldn't crash their server. Thankfully no damage was done to the site or forum. Sometime in the near future I'll be updating the forum software so if the forum is off line I may be updating it, check back in a bit.
ImageImage

Triangles
Site Admin

Postby Triangles » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:13 pm

Had a database error late in 2019 then I failed epically trying to update to the latest forum version. I could not get the process of updating the database to the new board version to complete correctly. I am giving up trying to update to the new version as it doesn't seem to want to work no matter what I do. I finally got the board back up and functional to where it was pre-crash in late 2019.

As a slight bonus I also figured out how to get the old forum up and running again. I have it set to be read only as it is only up for archival purposes.
Hopefully everything is working. Please let me know if you find something not functional.
ImageImage

bikerbill
I ride: 1997 Vulcan 500LTD named Hidalgo

Postby bikerbill » Sat Oct 03, 2020 7:24 am

This is GREAT news Triangles!! Thanks for persevering.
--
'Biker' Bill
'97 EN500LTD 'Hidalgo'
269,000+ miles so far
VROC #3833
IBA #635

SlipStreamer Enterprise II, Vista Cruise,
Cobra Spots, Drifter solo seat,
Pro-Tac backrest, ScottOiler,
F&S luggage rack, LED lights,
4-gal AUX fuel tank

Triangles
Site Admin

Postby Triangles » Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:28 pm

02/20/2022
I think we are back up and running. We got hacked/hijacked. I have no idea how but it has been a struggle to get back to where we were. Hopefully I have cleansed all the malware from here. I'm not sure when things went south but it was at least 2 weeks ago. Please let me know if you find anything broken.
ImageImage

Return to “Tech Support”