Prepping for summer.......

Maintenance tips, questions and help.
Turbojoe
I ride: 2004 Vulcan 500

Prepping for summer.......

Postby Turbojoe » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:41 pm

Last weekend was beautiful with mid 80's temperature. Had a list of things to do to the bike but I was sick as a dog with an upper respiratory infection along with some other health issues so I didn't get a thing done. The weather report for this weekend was calling for 102 degrees and because it's not going to be getting any cooler I had to get busy. Problem is it got to 105 today! :shock: I saved the beer for until after I was done and instead drank close to a gallon of water while working. :D

I finally replaced the chain and sprockets, oil and filter, plugs, valve adjust, air filter, fuel filter and coolant. Everything but the chain, sprockets and rear tire were done way before they were due but I wanted to get them out of the way while it's still "cool". Took me about 3 hours to do everything but at least it's done and I'm ready for summer. The tire took the longest. I HATE replacing tires......

Joe
The nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind.....

2004 Vulcan 500

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Re: Prepping for summer.......

Postby Triangles » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Turbojoe wrote: I HATE replacing tires......Joe

Amen!

Sounds like you're all set. I've got a loobman oiler to install on my LTD and a LOT of work to do on my Honda project bike.
ImageImage

Return to “Maintenance”