Touchdown Jesus burns to the ground!

Everything unrelated and general talk. Chit chat away....
Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Touchdown Jesus burns to the ground!

Postby Triangles » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:14 pm

ImageImage

kawboyCAFE

Re: Touchdown Jesus burns to the ground!

Postby kawboyCAFE » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:22 pm

some people have no respect for anything. i would hate to be the person who started the fire on judgement day.

fastpakr

Postby fastpakr » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:10 pm

kawboyCAFE wrote:some people have no respect for anything. i would hate to be the person who started the fire on judgement day.

Did you actually read the article? It was struck by lightning.
1999 Vulcan 500, 23k miles

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:29 pm

That kind of stuff happens more than you'd think. I used to attend a church where the steeple took a big hit. There was a large stainless steel cross on top of the steeple which was attached to two giant cables going down to ground rods, so it was designed as a lighting rod, but unfortunately, the installers of the cable decided to bore through some ceiling joists in the sanctuary to run the cables and the heat from the strike going through the cables in that dried out pine, after 50 years of attic heat. Well, it caught fire, and because the church was built before much fire code, the attic was open to a two story classroom building, which had a thermostatically controlled fan in the far gable end, and it basically sucked the flames across the entire sanctuary roof and the Sunday school building ceiling as well. I watched as fire departments from four stations poured so much water on that building that it ran out the window sills on the first floor, but they couldn't put the fire out until it was down to the masonry walls. By the way, the stainless steel cross came out okay, they shined it up and re-mounted it on the new steeple when they re-built the church. That was about the only part of the building other than the concrete floors and brick walls that were salvaged.

kawboyCAFE

Postby kawboyCAFE » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:06 pm

no, i didnt read the article. i just assumed it was set on fire, since that kind of thing happens more and more these days.

Return to “Off Topic Chatter”