Kidney stones and riding :(

Everything unrelated and general talk. Chit chat away....
Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Kidney stones and riding :(

Postby Triangles » Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:07 pm

Well I now have my first kidney stone and as with everything else it's not a normal one. Apparently most people figure out they have one when they are in agonizing pain and begging for a mercy killing. I discovered mine via a CT scan 3 weeks before any pain. Having never had one I originally had no idea what I was in for and the doctor wasn't very forthcoming with what to expect. I've benched myself after consulting with a coworker who has had several. Apparently the onset of pain can be instant and debilitating. I can imagine all sorts of situations on 2 wheels where that could potentially result in a really bad day. So I've parked the bike until I can get this damned stone out of me. luckily or unluckily I've only had pain for a few hours one day and it didn't hit me quickly. I will say I have never experienced that level of pain before where it hurts so bad that you can't think straight and even walking is a challenge. Not looking forward to it but I at least I have an end date as my doctor has scheduled me for surgical removal should it not pass by Jan 4.
ImageImage

Triangles
Site Admin

Re: Kidney stones and riding :(

Postby Triangles » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:20 pm

All is right with the world now. Apparently I had a 5mm stone stuck halfway between the kidney and bladder for over 2 months. Thanks to modern technology I avoided the rotorooter treatment and they pulverized it into sand with ultrasonic shockwaves (lithotripsy).
ImageImage

bikerbill
I ride: 1997 Vulcan 500LTD named Hidalgo

Postby bikerbill » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:04 pm

That is Good News!
--
'Biker' Bill
'97 EN500LTD 'Hidalgo'
269,000+ miles so far
VROC #3833
IBA #635

SlipStreamer Enterprise II, Vista Cruise,
Cobra Spots, Drifter solo seat,
Pro-Tac backrest, ScottOiler,
F&S luggage rack, LED lights,
4-gal AUX fuel tank

Triangles
Site Admin

Postby Triangles » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:55 am

Thanks. I can't wait to get back on 2 wheels. If only it would stop snowing long enough for the roads to dry. 6F is the coldest I've ridden in and it's supposed to be in the negative teens F over night the next few days. If the roads are clear I may break my cold weather riding record.
ImageImage

Return to “Off Topic Chatter”