Ready for Summer!

Everything unrelated and general talk. Chit chat away....
burkbuilds

Ready for Summer!

Postby burkbuilds » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:40 pm

I guess I've got the end of the Semester "ants in my pants", I'm ready for this semester to be over with and Summer weather to hit and stay for a while. It was so nice here about a week ago, hitting mid 80's and sunny almost every day for over a week. I was even starting to get some tan on me, but now it's cooled back down to the upper 60's low 70's and it rained almost all day today. Oh, well, two more weeks and this Semester is history and I get about a week and a half off before Summer Semester starts. I'd like to build a new seat pan and mod my seat but I may not have the time to do it. If nothing else I'll enjoy some nice rides and hopefully a return to 80+ temps again! :D

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Re: Ready for Summer!

Postby Triangles » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:32 pm

I can't wait either. I just fired up my '94 after getting her 95% back together. I'm sure my neighbors loved me as it was about 11pm when I started to flush all the crud out of the cooling system from the previous owner who stoopidly was using just water for the coolant. Now I just got to bring myself to part with my Suzuki GZ250 so I can transfer the plates over.
ImageImage

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:15 am

Hey Triangles, how about some pictures of your 94 now that you've got it back together.

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Postby Triangles » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:45 am

I'll get some picts up this weekend. I plan to spend the weekend in front of a computer working on this site. I did manage to break the water pump cover, bought a ninja 500 water pump cover since I couldn't find a vulcan 500 one. It fits, works great, but looks a little off. I"m also kicking myself in the ass for not taking pictures when I put it back together. I was going to do a write up on the water pump so that other don't make the same mistakes I did. I've been spending every free minute working on the bike to get it road worthy and letting updates to the site slide.
ImageImage

Return to “Off Topic Chatter”