Multi-purpose side brackets

Mods and upgrades that don’t fit any of the above topics such as, bars, seats, fenders, etc.
Jablonsky

Multi-purpose side brackets

Postby Jablonsky » Mon May 03, 2010 5:27 am

Previously I had on Magnus a sissy bar made by Mutazu. This winter I decided to have a new pair of side brackets made, as shown below:

Made of 4mm stainless steel, longer and higher than the original ones and a piece of square pipe welded at the front end.
The pipe serves to mount the driver's backrest.
At the rear end I can mount either the passenger backrest or the mounting plate for a trunk. Higher rear end and 2 sets of holes allow me to mount the backrest or the trunk on 2 different levels.
I also had the driver's backrest made to measure of stainless steel:

Picture of the trunk mounting plate (4mm stainless steel):

Partial side view:

And Magnus himself:

No hay banda. No hay Jablonsky. Todo está grabado. Nada es lo que parece, todo es una ilusión.

kawboyCAFE

Re: Multi-purpose side brackets

Postby kawboyCAFE » Tue May 04, 2010 3:13 am

hey JABLONSKY, your bike looks awesome brother. i cant wait to get my aluminum wheels on this winter. those are cool looking side plates you made. drivers backrests are great arent they. are those DYNA WIDE GLIDE handlebars on there? like i said, great looking bike.

Jablonsky

Postby Jablonsky » Tue May 04, 2010 11:37 am

KawboyCAFE, my poor old spine is deeply grateful for the driver's backrest. And I am sure my (equally poor and old) butt will be grateful for the Airhawk cushion.
Handlebars are made by Fehling, mounted on a pair of straight and simple 4 inch risers (I think THESE risers from ruffy_ruffy ebay store). I'm about 6'4" tall and the original handlebars were just not comfortable.

BTW, have you decided yet if you'll have your aluminum wheels black powdercoated or are you still meditating? I'm curious to see the effect, IMO it should look very "dangerous" :o ;)
No hay banda. No hay Jablonsky. Todo está grabado. Nada es lo que parece, todo es una ilusión.

kawboyCAFE

Postby kawboyCAFE » Sat May 08, 2010 3:44 am

i am still thinking about which way to go with my wheels. i am really leaning towards black powder coating though. i'll let ya know when i decide.

Return to “Other Modifications & Upgrades”