SEAT

Mods and upgrades that don’t fit any of the above topics such as, bars, seats, fenders, etc.
kawboyCAFE

Re: SEAT

Postby kawboyCAFE » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:06 am

okay, i have figured it out. the reason the seat doesnt fit is because they made 2 different shadow 750 spirits. they seat they sent me was for the 750dc. the seat that will fit is for the 750c2. i know i said earlier not to order the one for the 750 c2, and here is why. the 750c2 stock seat is a one piece seat and it does fit on our bikes. the 750c2 mustang seat is a 2 piece. i dont understand why they did this, but they did. the 2 piece seat will fit, but you have to make brackets, which i am not going to do. if i am going to pay that much for a seat, it better fit right out of the box. so me and my wife were talking and she is going to pay for me to just take my stock seat to an upholstry shop and get it redone. but before i do that, i am going to try to find me a used stock seat, and have them redo that one while we are still riding on this one. you guys can order the 750c2 mustang seat, and it will fit, but beware, YOU WILL have to make some brackets since it is a 2 piece. it probably wouldnt be that hard, but i prefer one piece seats. plus, i dont want to drill holes in the rear fender to do it, even if the seat will hide it.

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Postby Triangles » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:57 am

I wonder if this seat would work? Honda Shadow 750 Spirit C2 Mustang Seat 76166
ImageImage

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:02 pm

The following address will get you to Russell's "Day Long" custom seat and they make one specifically for our bike. It starts around $520 and you have to send them your seat pan and some pics of you sitting on your bike in your normal riding position but it is supposed to be about as comfortable as motorcycle seats get.

http://www.day-long.com/new_pages/reference.html

kawboyCAFE

Postby kawboyCAFE » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:11 pm

i think for now i have figured out something for my wife atleast. i just ordered a "comfy saddle" that slips over the passenger seat. it is made by saddleman. atleast she will be more comfortable now. if i dont figure out something for me before my road trip, well, i guess i can always just set on a small pillow ;) . i have looked at those day-long seats before, and they are nice, but just a little bit too pricey for me. atleast right now they are.

shayden
I ride: 2006 Vulcan LTD

Postby shayden » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:10 pm

I bought a sheepskin gel pad from Alaska Leather. It was 150 including shipping. It is much more comfortable but at a quarter the price of a custom seat.

Leaf
I ride: '94 Maroon Vulcan EN500-A6, '05 Black Honda CMX250C

Postby Leaf » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:41 am

Jeez o whiz, that is some expensive stuff.... I use a greasy towel that I stole from a hotel, folded in half, for a seat pad, and it works great. >_>

fastpakr

Postby fastpakr » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:49 pm

The ATV seat cushions you can buy at WalMart, etc do a great job of adding to the comfort of the seat (and blocking it from sun exposure).
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Stearns-Black ... r/10727537
1999 Vulcan 500, 23k miles

Triangles
Site Admin

Postby Triangles » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:54 pm

I was at Bass Pro today walking around the boating section and I saw these two seats and I thought... Just maybe... :lol: There's some potential there to make a very strange looking but comfortable motorcycle.....
ImageImage
ImageImage

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:11 pm

I think you should hold out for seats with good arm rests Triangles. lol ;)

aarona1000rr
I ride: 05 CBR1000RR, 03 R6, 92 EN500

Postby aarona1000rr » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:01 am

Hey guys, here's my first post! I've been reading your forum for a week or 2 since I recently purchased a 92 EN500 as a project bike. The seat had been hacked to shreds by the previous 17 year old owner, with a horrible attempt at a recover. I read this post and purchased a 2007 shadow spirit 750C2 one piece 2-up seat as a replacement. It was no where near a good fit. After modifying the front hook to make it skinnier, shaving off a few corners, and fabricating new brackets for the shadow bolts, then welding them to the crossmember that the vulcan's middle hooks attach to, I was able to have a comfy new seat. I will get some pics up soon.

My current plan for this bike is to somehow shoe-horn my retired R6 racebike engine and tranny into the frame of this cruiser. Along with the rear tire and brake, entire front suspension along with tire and brakes, wire harness, and gauge cluster. basically trying to make my race bike a more comfortable way to haul ass. I'm thinking some risers and drag bars instead of clip-ons to make it more ergonomic. Anyone ever heard of such an idea? I can't wait, and I hope it actually works, might need to reinforce the swingarm a bit to handle the extra power. But I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Eagerly awaiting your thoughts and ideas!
-Aaron

"Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence."

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:53 pm

Hey aarona, glad to have you on the boards. Please post some pics of the seat and how you made the modifications to make it work, I'm sure a lot of us will be interested.

Triangles
Site Admin

Postby Triangles » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:20 pm

aarona1000rr wrote:My current plan for this bike is to somehow shoe-horn my retired R6 racebike engine and tranny into the frame of this cruiser. Along with the rear tire and brake, entire front suspension along with tire and brakes, wire harness, and gauge cluster. basically trying to make my race bike a more comfortable way to haul ass. I'm thinking some risers and drag bars instead of clip-ons to make it more ergonomic. Anyone ever heard of such an idea? I can't wait, and I hope it actually works, might need to reinforce the swingarm a bit to handle the extra power. But I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Eagerly awaiting your thoughts and ideas!

That would be interesting to see. Keep us informed on your progress. At one point I had considered shoehorning a Ninja 650 on the vulcan 500 frame, but since I didn't have a free or very cheap donor bike, that plan was abandoned. That and I learned that the valve adjustments were more of a pain in the ass than the vulcan 500's
ImageImage

Return to “Other Modifications & Upgrades”