Cheap exhaust mod..

Mods and upgrades that don’t fit any of the above topics such as, bars, seats, fenders, etc.
mikelem79
I ride: 2006 Red Vulcan 500 LTD.... Soon to be Black!

Cheap exhaust mod..

Postby mikelem79 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:34 pm

Well, if you havent guessed by my throttle lock mod post, I have to do things on a...let's say "limited budget." That being said, I finally made my exhaust sound a little better, an I didnt need to buy anything. I used a 1/2" drill bit and drilled 3 holes into the baffles on each muffler. I must say, it sounds great. I wasnt looking for a v-twin sound, I am a proud parallel twin owner. I just wanted a unique sound that says "here comes Mike", and I have to say that the bike now makes a nice rumble. After reading Romad's posts on his website, I was very hesitant, because I too, like to put things back to stock if needed. But on this one, I said screw it. I am very happy with it. I will post pics if requested. I also have big plans for my 500 as well. I will definitely post pics of all of the mods after I am finished.
It's funny how common sense isn't so common nowadays.

ShadowmercTM
I ride: 2009 Vulcan 500 ltd

Re: Cheap exhaust mod..

Postby ShadowmercTM » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:25 pm

What size bit did u use and how deep did u go man? I've been thinking of doing the same to mine if u have any pictures that would rock!

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Postby Triangles » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:38 am

I will gladly trade you a pair of Harley Dyna mufflers for your nice quiet stock ones before you ruin them :) I even have a pair of ruined stock mufflers you can have for free.
ImageImage

ShadowmercTM

Postby ShadowmercTM » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:55 pm

Triangles
Do those mufflers just bolt on? How about muffler bracket mounting? Is it the same? If so ya I'll trade ya just send me your address and I'll send you mine we can figure out shipping

Triangles
Site Admin

Postby Triangles » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:25 pm

Click here low learn how to install the Harley mufflers It's bolt on but you need to make up your own adapters and such as shown in the link.
ImageImage

ShadowmercTM

Postby ShadowmercTM » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:22 pm

I'm in man if you want to send me your address man we can trade I'm in Arizona. I can probably ship them right after thanksgiving weekend if you want man! Oh and I'll send you some pics of the front end now that it's redone in response to our fork posts! I have also added 5" risers with 3 1/2" kick back and 1" drag bars with 4 1/2" kickback! I had to bore the triple clamps to accommodate the risers and drilled into the bars to mount the switch housings but I think you'll like it! It's got a mean stance now and a bad ass riding position better than the stock U bars! Let me know buddy!!!

Triangles
Site Admin

Postby Triangles » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:27 am

PM sent
ImageImage

Return to “Other Modifications & Upgrades”