Got the new 500 home and...

Post here if your problem does not fit one of the above topics or if you don't know what's causing you grief. Let us help you solve your problem.
pappy1118
I ride: Black '07 vulcan 500 LTD

Got the new 500 home and...

Postby pappy1118 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:21 pm

This was fun. Got my new (08) 500 home on the trailer. Strapped down well, no movement. I used ratchet straps. Let loose the first back strap, no prob. 2nd back, no prob. Moved to the front. Hmmmm, my first time moving a bike. Put kickstand back down and released strap on that side...WRONG! Bike was pulled to the other side and now has a nice hotdog shape and sized dent in tank. It fell on to the trailer railing bar. It took me over an hour to not want to cry. :cry: The bike was missing a front fender and I already bought another and repainted it in prep of this one coming home. Was gonna paint other fender, tank and covers anyhow. Do I need to pull or knock some of the dent out or can I just use "bondo glass" on it? Tank is coming off tomorrow and will be last to get paint.

Well, lesson learned. Right front tie down before left.

p.s. I was alone with the move. Get help if you can. Happy and SAFE Riding, Everyone!

Tim
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Jamie
I ride: 2003 Vulcan 500

Re: Got the new 500 home and...

Postby Jamie » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:13 pm

Any decent body shop should be able to pop it out and touch it up pretty cheap. When I got my bike, the tank was dented on both sides and had a paint blister right at the base of the speedometer housing. Local shop charged me $300 to remove both dents, remove the paint blister and touch up that area, AND, re-clearcoat the tank and both front and rear fenders. Looks like new. One of these days I am going to get around to posting pics.

mr.clean
I ride: 06 red Vulcan 500

Re: Got the new 500 home and...

Postby mr.clean » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:22 pm

Good deal,mine came with a dent as well.I hear horror stories costing as much as $500,so I live with it.
VRA 1-68 President
Round Rock Vulcan Riders

Return to “General Troubleshooting”