Flat tracker question (19" rear wheel)

Wheels, tires, suspension, forks, and brakes.
White Jesse
I ride: 2005 Vulcan

Flat tracker question (19" rear wheel)

Postby White Jesse » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:09 pm

Was hoping someone would of already done this, it's some what popular with the Sportsters. Basically I'm wondering if anyone has lifted the rear, put a longer swingarm on to fit a 19" rear wheel. I seriously love my vulcan and want to make it a flat tracker. Already have some flat tracker handle bars I was holding up and picturing on the bike... Think it'll look great. Would be amazing if kawasaki had another swing arm that fits the frame that'll fit a 19... Also want to have a disc out back. From there there rest of that bada$$ flat tracker build would fall into place. 8-)

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Re: Flat tracker question (19" rear wheel)

Postby Triangles » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:02 am

Sounds like you need a fabricator friend to modify a rear swing arm.

What rear wheel were you looking to put on it? Also FYI the EN500A has about 10 more horsepower as does the Ninja 500 which shares the same engine if you are serious about racing it. Ninja 500 and Vulcan 500 LTD engines are similar. Carb size, cams, and pistons are about the only differences.
ImageImage

White Jesse

Postby White Jesse » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:09 pm

Thanks for the engine information and the reply in general. Im not totally sure what wheels. Thinking a 130/80/19 tire(rear) would be really good looking. Sense there is litteally nothing online about the Vulcan 500 to tracker specifically Ive been reading about other bikes getting built into trackers. I would love to actually race it but I'll probably just end up in mountains at night like normal. Lots of really good dirt roads up in my local gaps too, sadly they're all covered with gravel... Probably because when it rains the clay we have in Georgia becomes unbelievably slippery.

White Jesse

Postby White Jesse » Sat May 08, 2021 11:01 pm

Thinking the cheapest way might be to use a cast front wheel. Goin to look into this a little more. Apparently that's how they're doing it with the Sportsters. I think you have to take it to a machine shop for something related to the sprocket. I think that's these cheapest option, can get a front wheel like that for 100 or less.

Return to “Wheels - Suspension & Brakes”