Cant find Neutral

Slipping clutch, transmission nightmares, gearing or belt conversions and modifications go here.
Taprac
I ride: 2009 Vulcan 500 ltd

Cant find Neutral

Postby Taprac » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:40 am

Hello all!! I recently develop a problem with my 500 Vulcan ltd. The girlfriend was practising her riding when she happen
to drop the bike. Clutch lever broke, little dent on gas tank, and shift pedal bent. I Straighten the shift pedal and Rode it home.
It seemed to be OK except for the EGO of the Girlfriend. Went away for a couple of weeks and came back to find that the bike
wont go into neutral it also seems that it's stuck in another gear besides first cause when I'm realeasing the clutch it will stall unless
I bring up the revs higher than normal.

Any help? Thanks :?:

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Re: Cant find Neutral

Postby Triangles » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Sounds like you can't find neutral because you're stuck in 2nd or higher gear. I'd check the shift pedal/linkage to make sure something isn't bent preventing you from down shifting. With the bike off, try rocking it forward and backward while trying to down shift to get you into first. If you have the ignition turned on you should see the neutral light flash when you get it to shift down into first. Once you can get the bike into first finding neutral should be a piece of cake. In case you are not aware, once in first with the bike stationary, you cannot up shift past neutral.
ImageImage

Taprac
I ride: 2009 Vulcan 500 ltd

Re: Cant find Neutral

Postby Taprac » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks Triangles, Found neutral.

Return to “Transmission - Rear End”