EN500C Gas Tank Re-size

Everything in-between the gas cap and the carbs. Also how the engine inhales.
Jablonsky

Re: EN500C Gas Tank Re-size

Postby Jablonsky » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:56 am

The last time I saw the tank, it looked like this:

It was 4 or 5 weeks ago and I assume it should be finished by now. But I have just returned from France and Spain and I haven't had the time yet to call. All Quiet on the Eastern Front, I guess. But I'll do my best and update as soon as I can :oops:
No hay banda. No hay Jablonsky. Todo está grabado. Nada es lo que parece, todo es una ilusión.

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:02 pm

I hope you had a great trip. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished tank on your bike and hearing your review of the results.

Jablonsky

Postby Jablonsky » Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:16 am

The Tank is home. Looks decent. Still no idea regarding the volume.

I hope I can install and test it soon.
No hay banda. No hay Jablonsky. Todo está grabado. Nada es lo que parece, todo es una ilusión.

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:21 pm

You obviously got the right people to do that work, the tank looks great. I hope you have it installed and tested before the end of September. Good luck. :D

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Postby Triangles » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:42 pm

send it to me I'll test it out for you :)
ImageImage

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:28 pm

Hey Jablonsky, what is the status of the new tank? Is it installed yet? Pictures please, we would all like to see the final results of your project. :D

Jablonsky

Postby Jablonsky » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:37 am

I was afraid someone would ask, sooner or later :oops: The sad truth is I haven't touched my bike since mid July. So many other things to do, with higher priority...
Just yesterday I was thinking I should at least take the bike to my mechanic and let him install the mega tank. But, to be honest, I don't really feel the urge. There's hardly any chance for me to start riding again before April next year.

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:31 pm

I understand about being to busy to do what you want. I started working on my new seat about a week and a half ago. When I pulled out the invoices for the materials, I found that I purchased them over a year ago.

I can't imagine having such a short riding season. I think I'd be kinda down about that as well.

I hope you get in the mood to put the tank on the bike soon. Good luck.

John

Jablonsky

Postby Jablonsky » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:49 am

Jablonsky wrote:... There's hardly any chance for me to start riding again before April next year.

Is it already April? I guess it is. Time for an update:

I'm afraid I still cannot tell you regarding the volume. My mechanic simply forgot to measure the fuel from the old tank to the new one (and I told him a million times to measure it). Should be about 5 - 5,5 gallons. Maybe not enough to take me to Zimbabwe and back, but who wants to ride to Zimbabwe anyway?

The Tank has some scars, because the filler still worked under the paint, though it was left to dry for over a month. Pity. But I am planning to have a whale tail tank bib made for it anyway. For protection, to have a pouch for my cell phone and some change, and also to cover the scars. Something like this:

fastpakr

Postby fastpakr » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:55 am

How's the comfort on that tank, i.e. does the width cause any uncomfortable splaying out of your knees?
1999 Vulcan 500, 23k miles

Jablonsky

Postby Jablonsky » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:08 pm

It's comfortable.

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:03 pm

Man that looks good. I'd love to have an extra gallon or more to ride with. Nice job Jablonsky, thanks for sharing the pics. I hope you are enjoying some nice weather now.

AFBubbleChaser
I ride: '03 Vulcan 500 LTD

Postby AFBubbleChaser » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Just picked up a cheap ($62) (and slightly damaged) tank off ebay. Now to have a chat with the local welder.
Crazy? I was crazy once...

Peace, is that one glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading -Anonymous

Return to “Carbs & Fuel System and Intake”