Headlight not working.

What's this wire for? Electrical mods, Lights, Stator, Rectifier, Diagrams & more.
Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Headlight not working.

Postby Triangles » Thu May 13, 2010 8:43 am

Working on my '94, I had just fixed my brakes and noticed my headlight was not working. High beam also didn't work so I assumed the bulb was still good since it's very unlikely for both to go at the same time. Also the Blue high beam indicator did not light further leading me to believe it was an electrical issue with electricity not getting to the headlight. I checked the fuse and it was good. I narrowed it down to the headlight relay in the junction box. I checked the relay thru the wire terminals and I then disassembled the junction box to confirm the relay was dead. I was going to fix it by wiring in a new relay but that would cost as much if not more than picking up a used junction box off fleabay. God I love Kawasaki for having the parts diagrams and the ability to list all other models that used that same part on their web page! Makes finding interchangeable parts from other models much easier :D So if anyone needs help figuring out why their headlight doesn't work let me know.
ImageImage

kawboyCAFE

Re: Headlight not working.

Postby kawboyCAFE » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:48 pm

just out of curiosity, where is this parts diagram and parts interchangeability site? i must have missed it somewhere.

fastpakr

Postby fastpakr » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:12 pm

I don't know where he's looking, but a number of the parts stores allow you to do it. Ron Ayers web page does for sure.
1999 Vulcan 500, 23k miles

Triangles
Site Admin

Postby Triangles » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:39 am

ImageImage

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:39 pm

I thought my high beam burned out this week so I ordered a new bulb. It came in Saturday's mail and I popped it in that evening, but still only low beam works. So I got the electric meter out and checked, sure enough, only getting voltage at the headlight when the switch is on low beam, high beam gets zero volts. Bummer. I took the switch apart but didn't see any broken wires or anything, so I guess I will be ordering a new switch this week. That should fall under my extended warranty, I hope. Anybody else had this situation with the EN500C? Mine is an 09 if it matters and I just hit 23,000 miles this week.

johnstal
I ride: 2009 vulcan 500

Postby johnstal » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:14 pm

I have a 2009 Vulcan 500. Had same problem with headlight. Solved proble with a new high/low beam switch after getting bad info. on replacing the fuse block. Enough said.
but I still have a problem with the two rear tail lights not working. The brake light and turn signal work fine. It has no power to eith side / yellow tail light.
Any ideas or know where I can find a electrical diagram??

Thanks

Triangles
Site Admin

Postby Triangles » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:04 pm

The rear turn signals are NOT also running lights. There is nothing wrong. However there are many creative ways (none that I've seen that are cheap or easy) of making the rear turn signals running lights. If you do be sure to change the amber lenses for red. Per DOT regs. amber is for forward facing running lights and red is for rear facing running lights.
ImageImage

shayden
I ride: 2006 Vulcan LTD

Postby shayden » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:17 pm

My headlight isn't working, no high, no low. Also unlit is the high beam indicator. Could this be a fuse? Where is this fuse if so? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Return to “Electrical”