Just bought a Vulcan VN750 on e-bay

Talk about your other motorcycles here.
burkbuilds

Re: Just bought a Vulcan VN750 on e-bay

Postby burkbuilds » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:28 pm

The ISO grips look great and are an improvement in vibration reduction, but the 500 is still smoother and has less vibrations. I don't think you can beat the in line engines for smooth running, but the V-twin certainly has a lot of low end torque.
I chanced upon a set of Jardine pipes for the 750 and installed them this weekend. Now both my pipes are on the right side, but it is definitely a lot louder. I sent an e-mail to Jardine to find out what options they offer for Quiet baffles or quiet inserts, which they advertise as available for all their exhaust systems. I don't mind being a little louder, but this kinda put me in the Harley noise level category, and in my opinion, that's just to loud for residential neighborhoods at 6 AM, so out of respect for my neighbors, I think I will try and reduce the db level a bit.

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Postby Triangles » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:15 am

good luck. I had jardines for my '94 EN500 and the "muffler" in them was a joke. They made my vulcan louder than a Harley. I contacted Jardine as well. All they could offer me was replacement baffles. which is what was already in there. They were just a perforated straight thru tube wrapped in fiberglass. The noise level was annoying but tolerable below 40mph and downright ear piercing on the expressway even with a full faced helmet!
ImageImage

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:11 pm

I bought a rack from a guy on the VN750 Forum. His name is Matt and he makes these as a sideline. He is a machinist by trade and did a great job. This baby is made from solid stock, not tubing and I have no doubt the mounting bolts would shear off before the rack ever bent. I painted it and installed it today and got my trunk bag mounted. Here are a few pics.

Return to “Other Motorcycles”