watch out

Are you new to riding and need some info or help? This is the place to be.
fsors

watch out

Postby fsors » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:47 pm

for cars with cell phones!! spec the opposite sex you know the ones not know for multitasking

DaisyField
I ride: '09 with highway bars, saddleman bags, Kuryakyn Grips and Iso wings, OEM luggage rack and windshield

Re: watch out

Postby DaisyField » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:30 pm

fsors wrote:for cars with cell phones!! spec the opposite sex you know the ones not know for multitasking

I was behind a man the other day who
1.) while turning left in front of me, went so wide, he skimmed the far curb,
2.) proceeded to drive for the next 1 1/2 miles weaving back and forth over the line to his left and into the gutter on his right,
3.) stopped at the next GREEN light.

I was sure he had to be drunk, but then realized he was talking on his cell phone! As I pulled up beside him at the next red light, I politely asked him to please drive or talk on the phone one at a time, since he was clearly incapable of doing those two things together. :D
I swear... I only ride to save gas. (If you believe that I have a deal on a bridge for you.)

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:29 pm

I haven't seen anybody that I think is very good at multi-tasking while driving, male or female. My friend David was renting out his basement to a lady, who somehow managed to flip her car on a flat stretch of road with no ditches, while reaching for her dropped cell phone. By the way,she not only totaled her car, she lost her left foot in the accident. Do you really think it is worth talking on the cell phone and driving? I don't. My opinion, male or female, put the phone up and pay attention when you are driving.

DaisyField
I ride: '09 with highway bars, saddleman bags, Kuryakyn Grips and Iso wings, OEM luggage rack and windshield

Postby DaisyField » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:33 pm

Amen to that. I try not to ever talk and drive myself, and I dislike seeing others doing it.
I swear... I only ride to save gas. (If you believe that I have a deal on a bridge for you.)

Return to “Beginners”