I was 2 cars away from death recently

Post here about where you have been and what you've done on your Vulcan 500 or other bike. Also this is a place to post invites for meetups. Pictures and GPS routes/tracks are encouraged!
Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

I was 2 cars away from death recently

Postby Triangles » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:26 pm

A couple weeks ago while coming back from lunch with the family traffic slowed in a construction zone. My brother was behind me and the SUV behind him was rearended and shoved out of the way. The car was still coming and he had to swerve right so he didn't get hit too. The link below is to his blog post about it with the video from his dash cam. You can see me flinch (bike wiggles) at the moment of impact. I heard the tire screech looked in the rear view and flinched when I heard the boom and saw parts flying. My spidey senses must have been working because for some reason I was uncomfortable with how close my brother was following so I left a little more room in front of me so I wouldn't have to brake as hard as I otherwise would have. He wasn't really following me too close, I just had the feeling he was. I stopped because I though he had been hit too. Luckily he was missed by inches. the incident is toward the end of the video in this blog post
ImageImage

GeorgiaRider

Re: I was 2 cars away from death recently

Postby GeorgiaRider » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:12 am

Wow. Great video. Glad you're ok.
GeorgiaRider
2006 Vulcan 500

Kuryakyan Foot Peg Extenders and Pegs
Memphis Shades Alley Cat Windshield
Saddlemen Large Slant Saddlebags
Powersports Mini-Tachometer
Kawasaki Luggage Rack