First flat tire :(

Post here about where you have been and what you've done on your Vulcan 500 or other bike. Also this is a place to post invites for meetups. Pictures and GPS routes/tracks are encouraged!
Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

First flat tire :(

Postby Triangles » Wed May 06, 2015 9:17 pm

I got my first flat tire, thankfully a rear tire. I don't know how long I was riding on it but my ride was only about 7 miles. by the time I realized I had a problem I was at my destination and had 0 psi in my rear tire YIKES! :shock: I didn't notice the ride handle much different, something didn't feel quite right in the turns. What tipped me off was the noise from the treads on the outside of the tire making contact with the ground. The tire was very hot so it's good that I was at my destination. I borrowed a pump and put 30psi in and heard some hissing. I then found something sticking in the tire. I then stoopidly decided to attempt to ride the 7 miles home before it went flat again. I made it home with about 10 psi left. I've never patched a hole in a tire before so I figured I'd give it a try since I wasn't ready to replace the tire just yet. I pretty much did what this guy did except I properly quickly pulled the needle straight out without rotating it like he did. I think one of these will definitely be going in my emergency kit for road trips!!!
ImageImage

GeorgiaRider

Re: First flat tire :(

Postby GeorgiaRider » Sun May 10, 2015 7:22 am

Good info. Never had a flat on mine, but the wife has had two on hers. Both noticed while parked.
GeorgiaRider
2006 Vulcan 500

Kuryakyan Foot Peg Extenders and Pegs
Memphis Shades Alley Cat Windshield
Saddlemen Large Slant Saddlebags
Powersports Mini-Tachometer
Kawasaki Luggage Rack
Kuryakyan Iso-Grips
Airhawk cushion
Marlin's Clock

Return to “Ride Reports & Meetups”