Iron Butt Association SS 2000, Columbus OH to Las Vegas NV

Post here about where you have been and what you've done on your Vulcan 500 or other bike. Also this is a place to post invites for meetups. Pictures and GPS routes/tracks are encouraged!
Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Iron Butt Association SS 2000, Columbus OH to Las Vegas NV

Postby Triangles » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:19 am

In late July 2014 a couple of friends and I will be attempting a Saddle Sore 2000 from Columbus, OH to Las Vegas NV. I was temped to choose my Pacific Coast 800 for this journey however I really want to do it on the Vulcan 500 LTD! If you don't know what a Saddle Sore 2000 is go to IronButt.com to learn. I likely will be augmenting my fuel capacity with a spun aluminum aux tank. If I am lucky my EFI conversion will be completed by then. I also will have completed my handlebar riser/seat modification to make the longer trek more bearable. Not sure what I am going to do with the seat yet. I want to figure out the handle bar risers before doing any custom seat work.
ImageImage

bikerbill
I ride: 1997 Vulcan 500LTD named Hidalgo

Re: Iron Butt Association SS 2000, Columbus OH to Las Vegas

Postby bikerbill » Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:55 pm

Triangles,

What ever became of this trip? Did it happen?
--
'Biker' Bill
'97 EN500LTD 'Hidalgo'
269,000+ miles so far
VROC #3833
IBA #635

SlipStreamer Enterprise II, Vista Cruise,
Cobra Spots, Drifter solo seat,
Pro-Tac backrest, ScottOiler,
F&S luggage rack, LED lights,
4-gal AUX fuel tank

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Re: Iron Butt Association SS 2000, Columbus OH to Las Vegas

Postby Triangles » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:19 pm

long story short, it never happened. The first time my riding buddy chickened out, Second time sanity prevailed (riding thru the mountains in November could be a bad idea plus not enough vacation time for a leisurely return trip), the third time (July 2014) a different riding buddy chickened out and since I changed jobs in May 2014 I didn't have any vacation time yet to do the trip.

Doing this trip seems to be as elusive as finding a unicorn. I still want to do this but timing never seems to be right. I already have vacation plans for next year so I don't have time to do the Columbus to Las Vegas route. I might be able to squeeze in a Toledo, OH to New Oreleans, LA trip though. 1k miles out and 1k miles back.
ImageImage

Return to “Ride Reports & Meetups”