Nice Ride up Fort Mountain and into Elijah Georgia today

Post here about where you have been and what you've done on your Vulcan 500 or other bike. Also this is a place to post invites for meetups. Pictures and GPS routes/tracks are encouraged!
burkbuilds

Nice Ride up Fort Mountain and into Elijah Georgia today

Postby burkbuilds » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:14 pm

I only live about an hour from this mountain but today was the first time I ever remember going there. I started out this morning around 10 AM and just started wandering through the North Georgia countryside heading in the General direction of Fort Mountain. I rode through Ringgold, Ga. and on to Prater's Mill then headed south on some back roads and finally saw a sign directing me to Fort Mountain. Nice twisties on this road, really as good as anywhere I've ridden before and lots of them both going up from the west side and down the East side into Elijah Georgia. It was very humid today and kinda hazy, so the pics are not real sharp but I'll share them anyway. The ride was very pleasant with temps about 15 degrees F. cooler than down in the Valley where it was in the upper 90's this afternoon. I stopped in Elijah and ate lunch at a small cafe and then wandered around the downtown area for about an hour looking into all the little shops that proliferate all over the downtown area. The town was kinda a mix of Mayberry and Gatlinburg. Nice small town feel and not an overwhelmingly crowded area, but very nice antique and nick knack shops all over the place and lots of small restaurants of all varieties.

GeorgiaRider

Re: Nice Ride up Fort Mountain and into Elijah Georgia today

Postby GeorgiaRider » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:42 am

Just noticed this post BurkBuilds. This area is one of my favorite areas to ride. Also, down around the Dahlonega area.
GeorgiaRider
2006 Vulcan 500

Kuryakyan Foot Peg Extenders and Pegs
Memphis Shades Alley Cat Windshield
Saddlemen Large Slant Saddlebags
Powersports Mini-Tachometer
Kawasaki Luggage Rack
Kuryakyan Iso-Grips
Airhawk cushion
Marlin's Clock

Return to “Ride Reports & Meetups”