New forum software - Status - Comments - Questions

General questions, information, and/or comments about the Vulcan 500. For specific questions, post them under the applicable topic.

Should the new forum be modified to the same color scheme as the old forum?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
D.G.A.S.
No votes

Total votes: 1

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

New forum software - Status - Comments - Questions

Postby Triangles » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:03 pm

Right now the new forum software is all default settings for a new install. I just wanted to get things up and running again. I intend to do some updates on the main pages. I'll probably pull some "How-to's" and "maintenance items" from the forum and actually have something useful on the main pages. I also need to do some customizing on the forum. Probably mostly cosmetic stuff. I haven't even had time to see what is all different with the new forum version. Good news is that I now have a forum backup and know how to restore it if I really booger things up or the server crashes. Worst case which I doubt will happen is I'll have to revert to the backup and any posts after 2-6-16 may be lost. At least now I no longer have to worry about a server crash and losing everything.

See the poll about the forum colors. If you reply "No" to the poll, please reply to this thread as to what color scheme you would like to see.

I welcome any questions, comments, and/or suggestions as to what to do with the main page and customization of the forum. I'll be taking my time due to lack of availability to work on the site and trying to figure out what I want to do and how to do it.

I regret to say that I'll be looking into putting ads on the forum as to make it more self sufficient and less of a drain on my wallet. I have a new hosting contract thru the end of 2018 that was a bit more painful than I was expecting. The site will be around at least thru then. If I can't get ads to pay for the site expenses I may let this site go dark or pass it along for someone else to keep it alive come 2019. I'll raise the alarm come Sept/Oct 2018 if things don't look good. Hopefully we'll keep it alive for much longer than that though.
ImageImage

GeorgiaRider

Re: New forum software - Status - Comments - Questions

Postby GeorgiaRider » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:02 am

Looks good Triangles. Thanks for all of the hard work you've put into the site.
GeorgiaRider
2006 Vulcan 500

Kuryakyan Foot Peg Extenders and Pegs
Memphis Shades Alley Cat Windshield
Saddlemen Large Slant Saddlebags
Powersports Mini-Tachometer
Kawasaki Luggage Rack
Kuryakyan Iso-Grips
Airhawk cushion
Marlin's Clock

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Re: New forum software - Status - Comments - Questions

Postby Triangles » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:22 pm

GeorgiaRider wrote:Looks good Triangles. Thanks for all of the hard work you've put into the site.
Don't thank me just yet :D I haven't done much other than get the forum working again and I have been neglecting the site for a few years as I've gone threw a few job changes since starting this website.... I think I'm gonna like the new forum software. looks like it has a few goodies click here to see new forum features.
ImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”