Another 500 in the family

General questions, information, and/or comments about the Vulcan 500. For specific questions, post them under the applicable topic.
pappy1118
I ride: Black '07 vulcan 500 LTD

Another 500 in the family

Postby pappy1118 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:13 pm

Just got my daughter a 2008 Vulcan 500. Mine is a 07. Looks much like mine but where my frame is gloss black hers is flat black. It is still waiting to come home in the previous owners garage till it warms a little more. maybe in next month (March). I already bought new oil and filter for it. Have a windshield and saddlebags from mine that I took off when I upgraded. Just south of my house is lightly traveled roads so that's where we will start out. COME ON SPRING! 8-)
I like seeing your pics so keep em coming.
Btw, it is in great condition and cost me 2100. Anyone have their tank and fenders painted? how much?

Safe riding guys.
Tim
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

GeorgiaRider

Re: Another 500 in the family

Postby GeorgiaRider » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:51 am

Congrats on the new 500. Great bikes. I have a 2006 model with 35K miles and it still runs great.
GeorgiaRider
2006 Vulcan 500

Kuryakyan Foot Peg Extenders and Pegs
Memphis Shades Alley Cat Windshield
Saddlemen Large Slant Saddlebags
Powersports Mini-Tachometer
Kawasaki Luggage Rack
Kuryakyan Iso-Grips
Airhawk cushion
Marlin's Clock

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Re: Another 500 in the family

Postby Triangles » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:03 am

If you take the tank into a reputable body shop it should cost about $350. I took off the gas cap, petcock, and hoses before taking it in. I also gave them the front fender to match the color. It cost me a little over $350, the shop I took it to is a little high priced (has a good rep) but the only other body shop I know about in the area is Maaco. If I were to take it to Maaco I'd probably be better off rattle canning it. Most body shops would want you to just bring in the tank. I assume it's because they don't work on many bikes and would probably charge you another $50-$100 labor to remove the tank.
ImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”