Latest Update.

General questions, information, and/or comments about the Vulcan 500. For specific questions, post them under the applicable topic.
puckothewilde
I ride: '02 Vulcan 500. Honda Shadow 1100(roadkill)

Latest Update.

Postby puckothewilde » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:56 pm

Went to the Dr. today to have the stitches snipped. They'll disolve on the inside. She seemed happy with the way it looks. Apparently it was a much more intensive operation than I thought. Which is why my arm is black and yellow. Dr. Munford said the bicept was harder to fix than stretching the tendons on my chest. Somewhere in there is a steel screw in the bone which everything is anchored to. I can now move my arm in a 30 degree horizontal arc. I'll be starting phys therapy next week. Twice a wk for 4 wks. Yea!

burkbuilds

Re: Latest Update.

Postby burkbuilds » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:42 pm

Hang in there and work hard at the PT. I just finished up a couple of months of 3 per week visits with those people after my wreck and although it wasn't always easy or fun I could really tell the difference after every session. The progress you make during the early part of your recovery is soo important. Sometimes the progress you make early on determines the overall end result so work hard, grit your teeth and do what they tell you it will pay off in the long term and you'll be glad you did it.

puckothewilde

Postby puckothewilde » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Next Tuesday is my evaluation. Then the work starts.

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:31 pm

I hope your recovery is going well.

puckothewilde

Postby puckothewilde » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:57 pm

Therapy is going good. Just a slow process. I can finally take a shower without my wife's help. Not that I don't enjoy showering with Lisa, but wow, it is so nice to be able to scrub myself. I go in tomorrow (Sept 27) to see the Doctor. I'm hoping for a good report. I'm figuring I'll be wearing the sling and going to PT for another month. Otherwise I'm doing ok.

burkbuilds

Postby burkbuilds » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:55 pm

Thanks for the update. Glad you are making progress. It is a long haul sometimes. I'll be 6 months out from my wreck on Monday and I'm still seeing noticeable progress every week or two. I understand about the shower. My wife had to do that for me too and it was a great feeling to be able to wash myself once again.

Return to “General Discussion”