engine protector

General questions, information, and/or comments about the Vulcan 500. For specific questions, post them under the applicable topic.
kawboyCAFE

engine protector

Postby kawboyCAFE » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:26 pm

this may not be an issue for some, but have you guys ever thought about how far the bottom of our engines hang down past the frame rails? i found a pic of something i am going to build this winter for my bike. i know the chances of something striking the bottom of the engine are small, but it could happen. anyway, here is the pic of what i am going to build, tell me what you guys think about it. of course mine will be black instead of chrome, even though the chrome does look nice ;).

burkbuilds

Re: engine protector

Postby burkbuilds » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:46 pm

Oh boy, more chrome! Oh, you said your's would be black. Okay, oh boy, more black! I like more chrome better, I really don't ride anywhere rough enough to worry about bottoming out my engine, but I guess it could happen. If you decide to make one, please be sure and post some pics.

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Re: engine protector

Postby Triangles » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:35 pm

WOW that thing barely resembles a 454 LTD! When riding 2 up I've scraped the bottom of my engine going over curbs. Not a good thing but, I'm not concerned about it. Also I wouldn't be too excited about putting something even lower on the bike. Besides I would think if you've got to worry about something hitting your engine, your body is probably already headed for a rough landing in which case some scrapes on the bottom of the engine would probably be the least of your problems.
ImageImage

Return to “General Discussion”