hey from Ontario, Canada

New to the forum? Introduce yourself so we can get to know you better. Welcome to the community!
dynamohum
I ride: vulcan 500

hey from Ontario, Canada

Postby dynamohum » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi, Happy New Year, just purchased a 2005 and a 2007 vulcan 500, only have been out a few time be ause of weather, but loving it. Have only ridden a Honda Rebel before, fun but a tad too low. One for me and one for my husband although he is also trying Suzuki GS500, me I love the cruiser comfort, maybe too old to sit forward on the Suzuki but it didnt take long for me to want back on my Vulcan, will decide on what to keep andwhat to sell in the spring. My choice is made, Belle, my blue Vulcan is mine. Heading to bike show in Toronto tomorrow totruly make her mine, a few customizing things I want. 55 and feeling fine.

Ray
I ride: 2007 Kawasaki Vulcan en500 LTD

Re: hey from Ontario, Canada

Postby Ray » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:56 am

Totally cool! You and your husband enjoy the sport! I'm almost 50 and just took it up myself. I had four prior MCs, and none of them lasted more than 3 months in my garage and they were gone. When I bought the little Vulcan 500, the motorcycle bug bit! It's a blast. Wouldn't it be a bit cold to ride in Canada this time of year?

dynamohum
I ride: vulcan 500

Re: hey from Ontario, Canada

Postby dynamohum » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:12 pm

The past week cold has been the word of choice but was even riding on the 26th of December. Probably snuck a ride in once a week but that was the last one, snow is here and i fear to stay for awhile. Still enjoy the fire pit out back but with a hot toddy instead of a cold beer. Bikes are stored in our barn so lots of room to check them out and discover how they work, all new to me. My husband just laughs. Didnt buy much at the bike show, was fun to see all the bikes and happy to say still in love with my vulcan. Saw the new vulcans, nice looking but the reach is different not as comfortable. Found a nice leather tank protector and a bag for handlebar. Hope to save the leather saddlebags that I have so bought some treatment/cleaner to soften them up. Hopefully fun times ahead, although got ,new insurance policy and premiums are up so need to shop around. Someone is always trying to suck the fun out of life, lets infuse more and see if it spreads, as long as the pocket book can handle it that is. Goodluck, ride safe :lol:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”