Howdy Y'all, from Texas

New to the forum? Introduce yourself so we can get to know you better. Welcome to the community!
charnotx
I ride: 1999 Blue/Black Vulcan 500 LTD

Howdy Y'all, from Texas

Postby charnotx » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:25 pm

Hi y'all, I'm Austin,

Long-time lurker of the forum, that finally got around to registering. Love the help and friendly discussions that are present on this forum, and have seen it being referred to by others such as the Kawasakiforums and vulcanforums. Glad to finally join in.

A little about myself, I'm from Texas, and live outside of Austin. I work for the University of Texas libraries Digitization Services, handling materials from all across our campus collections.

I am a long time gearhead, who was raised around racing (drag, flat track, sprint, etc.) and hotrods, to the point that my dad named me after Austin Coil, John Force's long-time (though no long) crew chief. I have only been riding for about year at this point, but love every minute that keeps me out of the 4-wheel cage. Along with my daily driver (1999 Vulcan 500 LTD), I also have a few 1980 GS550E suzuki bikes that I'm using to refining my rebuilding skills on motorcycles.

I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all more, and hopefully will be able to one day contribute some advice myself.

Burkerust
I ride: 2005 Yami TTR-250 2001 Kawi Vulcan 500 (rebuilding)

Re: Howdy Y'all, from Texas

Postby Burkerust » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:19 pm

Howdy as well from: Rusty from Sugar Land Texas. I bought a non-running 2001 Vulcan 500 and after cleaning carbs and going through electrical diagnoses I found low compression. So minor fix-up turned into pretty much complete rebuild and repaint. Thanks to some help from this forum I will be rebuilding my forks over the weekend.
Attachments
1-WP_20140903_003-001.jpg
1-WP_20140903_003-001.jpg (155.9 KiB) Viewed 10069 times

GeorgiaRider

Postby GeorgiaRider » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:22 am

Welcome to the forum. The 500 is a great bike for sure.
GeorgiaRider
2006 Vulcan 500

Kuryakyan Foot Peg Extenders and Pegs
Memphis Shades Alley Cat Windshield
Saddlemen Large Slant Saddlebags
Powersports Mini-Tachometer
Kawasaki Luggage Rack
Kuryakyan Iso-Grips
Airhawk cushion
Marlin's Clock

charnotx
I ride: 1999 Blue/Black Vulcan 500 LTD

Postby charnotx » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:40 am

Burkerust wrote:Howdy as well from: Rusty from Sugar Land Texas. I bought a non-running 2001 Vulcan 500 and after cleaning carbs and going through electrical diagnoses I found low compression. So minor fix-up turned into pretty much complete rebuild and repaint. Thanks to some help from this forum I will be rebuilding my forks over the weekend.

That is a nice looking rebuild! I'm hoping in the coming months I'll be able to start doing minor replacement and repainting on certain parts of my bike. I know it might be blasphemous to say, but I've never really been a fan of chrome on anything I have to actually maintain. Don't get me wrong, it is great to look at, but keeping it clean makes me spend more time polishing then riding, and that's just a shame. For me, I've always loved ratrods, crazy colors, or just blacked out. I'll probably end up just blacking out my Vulcan as much as possible.

Here is a picture of Hephaestus, my '99 500:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”