Hi from Slovenia

New to the forum? Introduce yourself so we can get to know you better. Welcome to the community!
Jablonsky

Hi from Slovenia

Postby Jablonsky » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:20 am

Hi, I am from Slovenia and some of you might already know me from vulcanforums.

For a little more than a year I ride a '98 EN 500. The bike's name is Magnus, so obviously it's a "he". Before I had:
- daelim 125
- hyosung aquila 250
- suzuki GSX 1200
- kawa versys (this is my wife's bike now)
- and I also own an oldtimer, suzuki GSX 400L (beautiful little bike, now being restored).

Of course, it's always obligatory to make some modifications and add some "goodies" to the bike. So:
- had Magnus repainted from blue to black
- added risers and changed handlebar
- had alarm and lighter socket installed
- installed driver's backrest
- mounted GIVI hard saddlebags & trunk (I simply love to keep my stuff safely locked)
That's more or less it. For now...

This winter's project is a "transplantation" of aluminum rims (from EN 500 before '96) instead of spokes. Easier to clean and better looking. Got the aluminum rims cheap from ebay (abt $ 120 for both). That was simple. Now, thanks to Murphy, I expect a lot of problems during the "transplantation". But I will let my mechanic worry about that and prove himself useful. Wish him (and me) luck.

98.jpg
98.jpg (242.09 KiB) Viewed 13949 times
No hay banda. No hay Jablonsky. Todo está grabado. Nada es lo que parece, todo es una ilusión.

burkbuilds

Re: Hi from Slovenia

Postby burkbuilds » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:25 am

Hey Jablonski,
Good to see you on here. You've been very helpful to me in the past on another forum, thanks. Your bike looks great, please post some pictures after you finish the wheel change out, good luck!

Jablonsky

Postby Jablonsky » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:45 pm

Thanks burkbuilds. If the mission succeeds, I will proudly post tons of pictures (if not, I'll be as quiet as a mouse).

Confidentially, I am also working on an improved system to mount sissybar/ driver's backrest/ trunk. Will report when time comes.
No hay banda. No hay Jablonsky. Todo está grabado. Nada es lo que parece, todo es una ilusión.

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Postby Triangles » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:48 pm

I have both an EN500A and EN500C. The rear wheel should swap out with no problem. You will need to buy a spedo gear assembly for the front wheel. Other than that i believe things just bolt right up. I say, "should" because I haven't actually tried to swap the wheels yet, but i've read that other's have done it. I looked at my two bikes and noticed how the speedometer drive gear is completely different between the two. If you can't figure something out with the swap let me know and I'll look at mine.
ImageImage

Jablonsky

Postby Jablonsky » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:21 am

Triangles wrote:...The rear wheel should swap out with no problem...

Well, I surely hope you're right. Might not be so simple bcs I think A models (at least some of them) had belt final drive, while C models have chain. I expect to know more in about 2 weeks when I have all the pieces together.

Triangles
Site Admin
I ride: '94 Black Cherry Vulcan 500, '06 Candyfire Red Vulcan 500 LTD

Postby Triangles » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:50 am

If you look at a parts fiche, there are 4 "fingers" in the wheel. A "coupler" that has the rear sprocket or belt pully sandwiches a rubber damper between itself and the wheel. I haven't had a reason to have the rear wheel off either of my vulcans yet so I can't confirm this, but they look the same size externally. I think you would just re-use your damper and coupler with the aluminum wheel. Maybe it's not that simple, but I hope it is.

All EN500A's (90-96) had the belt drive. It wasn't until the LTD that they switched to a chain, probably because chains are cheaper.
ImageImage

Jablonsky

Postby Jablonsky » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:55 am

Triangles wrote:If you look at a parts fiche, there are 4 "fingers" in the wheel. A "coupler" that has the rear sprocket or belt pully sandwiches a rubber damper between itself and the wheel. I haven't had a reason to have the rear wheel off either of my vulcans yet so I can't confirm this, but they look the same size externally. I think you would just re-use your damper and coupler with the aluminum wheel. Maybe it's not that simple, but I hope it is.

All EN500A's (90-96) had the belt drive. It wasn't until the LTD that they switched to a chain, probably because chains are cheaper.

As I said: I hope you are right. It does not quite look so from the parts fiche, but maybe there are only minor differences between the 2 dampers (& couplers). Also my mechanic is a creative person and I keep my fingers crossed that his inventiveness does not fail this time. ;)
rear-wheel-en500-A.jpg
rear-wheel-en500-A.jpg (129.99 KiB) Viewed 13927 times

rear-hub-en500_C.jpg
rear-hub-en500_C.jpg (130.57 KiB) Viewed 13927 times

rlanda
I ride: victory kingpin

Postby rlanda » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:14 am

Hey Jablonsky, what bracket and bags are those. I assume give V35s. What bracket did you use? Did it require much modification?

Rob

Return to “Introduce Yourself”