View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 fuel leaking into airbox 

Post fuel leaking into airbox
fuel leaking into airbox im new to this so here goes we turn the fuel on run the bike en500 stop the bike fuel really leaking from airbox any ideas on how to fix the problem thanks very much

Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:22 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: fuel leaking into airbox
Do you have an EN500A or EN500C (what year is it if you don't know what I am talking about)? Either your float has sprung a leak or your float needle valve needs to be replaced or both. A quick google search brought up this on bike bandit so you know what the part looks like. I would recommend the K&L float needle over the oem part. If you can even order an OEM replacement it will be more expensive and is no better than the K&L part. If you don't already have a shop manual I'd recommend getting one. It's a fairly simple procedure to fix this.

Additionally these bikes have a vacuum actuated fuel shutoff valve which should prevent fuel from flowing out of the gas tank when the engine is not running. If gas continues to flow with the engine off and your fuel valve is in the ON or RES position, you should consider rebuilding your fuel shut off valve as well. K&L also makes a rebuild kit for this so you don't have to buy a whole new valve. You can only get a whole new valve from Kawasaki since they don't sell parts of the valve.

Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]